Re: Bug report: pgAdmin takes selected portion of query in Query Editor to run

From: richard coleman <rcoleman(dot)ascentgl(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Trung Do <chin(dot)bimbo(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgadmin-support lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Bug report: pgAdmin takes selected portion of query in Query Editor to run
Date: 2020-08-12 19:36:18
Lists: pgadmin-support

That's not a bug, it's a *feature* !!

Seriously though, presently the query window in pgAdmin4 has two options:
If nothing is selected -> run the entire window
If something is selected -> run just what's selected.

That's how it's been since, well as long as I can recall. Unlike some
other tools, pgAdmin4 lacks the ability to "Run Selected" vs. "Run Entire
Query Window", so it implements the previously mentioned logic.

So I guess what you should probably do is create a *feature* request for
this additional functionality.

rik.