Re: postgresql definitive list of network resources used/needed?

From: richard coleman <rcoleman(dot)ascentgl(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "David G(dot) Johnston" <david(dot)g(dot)johnston(at)gmail(dot)com>, Scott Ribe <scott_ribe(at)elevated-dev(dot)com>, pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postgresql definitive list of network resources used/needed?
Date: 2022-08-11 14:38:51
Lists: pgsql-admin

Tom,

Thanks again. If you read the entire line you quoted, I was trying to
confirm that intrinsic features and utilities, including pg_dump, don't use
any **other** network ports, not that they didn't use any at all.

It seems less likely with every exchange that a listing of network ports
used/needed does exist. That's a shame.

I guess if I find myself in the situation where I really need that listing,
I'll have to dust off my *extremely* rusty C skills and pour through the
source code.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to chime in.

Until next time,
rik.