Re: pgAdmin 4 ignores its own config option: "BrowserCommand"

From: richard coleman <rcoleman(dot)ascentgl(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: tutiluren(at)tutanota(dot)com
Cc: Pgadmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin 4 ignores its own config option: "BrowserCommand"
Date: 2019-08-08 22:05:19
Lists: pgadmin-support

tutiluren,

I am sorry to read that you are still having difficulties. The
MASTER_PASSWORD_REQUIRED string is documented in the pgAdmin4 documentation
located here:
https://www.pgadmin.org/docs/pgadmin4/development/master_password.html .
As for the BrowserCommand I usually set it in the configure dialog that I
get to by right clicking on the *elephant* taskbar icon and selecting
"Configure". My command is: *chromium-browser %URL% , *this is stored as:

*BrowserCommand=chromium-browser %URL%*

in my pgadmin4.conf file. Notice there are *no* *"* around the arguments,
unlike your string. Yes, the config.py, config_distro.py and
config_local.py all contain keywords in the
ALL_CAPS_SEPARATED_BY_UNDERSCORES while the pgadmin4.config file uses
MixedCaseAllRunTogether. It is a bit inconsistent.

I can't say whether or not it honors alternate profiles, as I just use an
alternate *browser*, but perhaps it didn't like all of your quotes.

I hope that helps,

rik.