Off-topic? How to extract database statements from JPA?

From: Gus Spier <gus(dot)spier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Off-topic? How to extract database statements from JPA?
Date: 2022-10-31 10:50:42
Lists: pgsql-general

I apologize if this is off-topic, but I've become exceedingly frustrated
and need help.

The assignment is to evaluate SQL code for an application that has been
built with Java Springer Persistence API and, if appropriate, offer
suggestions to improve database performance.

The problem is that I am not a Java guy. I can usually read code and
determine what it is trying to do. But here, I am at a loss. Where does the
JPA hide the SQL code? I do not really expect a definitive, explicit
answer, but if anybody could point me to documentation or a working aid
that lays out where the JPA stores the DDL and DML, I would be truly
grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Gus