Partitioned table migration strategy

From: Ronnie S <ronniesan967(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Partitioned table migration strategy
Date: 2020-03-24 04:03:44
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello all,

Are there any migration strategies/best practices when migrating from PG11
partitioned tables to PG12 partitioned tables that don't involve extended
downtime? We have about 900 partitions (hash partitions) in PG11 with
millions of rows that we need to migrate to PG12 and (ideally) would like
to minimize the outage window (if at all possible)?

Any guidance or pointers from your experiences would be highly appreciated!

Best,
Shayon