Re: Explain details popover changes proposal

From: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Aditya Toshniwal <aditya(dot)toshniwal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Explain details popover changes proposal
Date: 2021-01-08 09:16:51
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Fri, 8 Jan 2021 at 14:43, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:

> Hi
>
> On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 8:36 AM Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jan 8, 2021 at 12:37 PM Aditya Toshniwal <
>> aditya(dot)toshniwal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Hackers,
>>>
>>> I'm working on https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/5488 and as per
>>> the discussion, we'll remove the current tooltip way for showing the
>>> details. Instead, we'll add some popover/panel upon clicking a node
>>> which will stay until closed.
>>> Below is the screenshot of partial implementation.
>>>
>> I like the idea of showing details in the pop up.
>>

> I agree, though I think the presentation could use some work to make the
> table-like layout a little cleaner (maybe alternating row shading or subtle
> cell borders or something). Perhaps check with Aradhana or Chethana for
> ideas?
>

>> We also need to think about the details in the SVG file downloaded.
>>

> We ignore the popups entirely at the moment don't we? It would be good to
> render any that are open though.

We have put details in the title attribute, hence - it should be visible as
cluttered text on hover. (Assumption - I have not tried).

— Ashesh

--

Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
<http://www.enterprisedb.com>

*http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi*
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi>