Re: Possible to add servers to pgadmin4 via CLI or config files?

From: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Glen Huang <heyhgl(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Possible to add servers to pgadmin4 via CLI or config files?
Date: 2017-09-07 05:53:36
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 11:18 AM, Glen Huang <heyhgl(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Thanks for the detailed explanation.
>
> Yes, I currently run it the runtime mode.
>
> Good to know pgadmin4.db will be auto-migrated.
>
> But to prevent it from re-migrating every time the container starts
> afresh, I guess it’s better to re-add pgadmin4.db every once a while after
> I have upgraded to a new version?

To be honest - it's a design choice, whether to go ahead with the existing
configuration, or add them every once a while.
Either way - it should work (except in rare condition, when we had to break
the backward compatibility of the configuration due to some major change,
which we always announce/shout about on pgadmin-hackers mailing list).

-- Thanks, Ashesh