Re: Fatal Error: The pgAdmin 4 server could not be contacted:

From: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: David Bear <dbear(at)heritageacademyaz(dot)com>
Cc: Aditya Toshniwal <aditya(dot)toshniwal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Yatma SARR <yatma27(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgadmin-support lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fatal Error: The pgAdmin 4 server could not be contacted:
Date: 2022-04-01 05:41:06
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 8:37 PM David Bear <dbear(at)heritageacademyaz(dot)com>
wrote:

> The first thing I would check is if the postgresql server is reachable
> using the psql command line tool. You may have already tried that but if
> not, that is always my first test.

David,

JFYI - you don't have to have the postgres server on the system for pgAdmin
4 to work.
pgAdmin 4 does not connect to the database server at the startup.

Yatma,

Please share the logs, as suggested by Aditya, to analyze the issue.

-- Ashesh