PATCH: Improvement in the debugger support for EnterpriseDB <= 9.2

From: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PATCH: Improvement in the debugger support for EnterpriseDB <= 9.2
Date: 2013-10-23 07:09:57
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi All,

While testing the debugger at EnterpriseDB with PPAS/PostgreSQL, we found
some issues as below:
1. Function/Procedure execution completed with an error - "no target for
SPL-style OUT parameter" with (PPAS <= 9.3).
*Resolution*:
Call the functions/procedure with the value explicitly (instead of using
the PQexecParams - libpq API and also, edb-spl language needs to be called
from an anonymous block) and fetch the result properly for PPAS <= 9.2.

2. Variadic function with the OUT parameter is not debuggable on
PostgreSQL/PPAS.
*Resolution*:
Fix the IN/INOUT parameters numbering properly, before creating the
function properly.

3. On execution completion an edb-spl function is not showing return value
with PPAS
*Resolution*:
As we can not return a result from the anonymous block, we needs to print
it from the anonymous block. Hence - those results will be printed in the
messages window instead of result window for them.

4. Showing the current execution marker at wrong location (offset to 1) for
PPAS <= 9.0
*Resolution*:
Find out the execution marker position based on the offset based on each
server version.

Attached is the patch, which takes care of all of above issues.

Please review it.
If nobody will have the objection, I will check-in the patch in
REL-1_18_PATCHES and main branches.

--

Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise PostgreSQL Company<http://www.enterprisedb.com>

*http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi*

Attachment Content-Type Size
debugger_pre9.3_ppas.patch application/octet-stream 7.5 KB