Re: Cannot connect to Replication Slave with the new Version 4.2 of PGAdmin4

From: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: "Robert J(dot) Rotter" <rotter(at)denic(dot)de>
Cc: pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Cannot connect to Replication Slave with the new Version 4.2 of PGAdmin4
Date: 2019-02-08 04:52:53
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 9:24 PM Robert J. Rotter <rotter(at)denic(dot)de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I updated to the new version 4.2 of pgAdmin4.
>
> Suddenly I cannot connect to a Replication Slave anymore.
>
> Error is: "Cannot execute Select in a read-only transaction"
>
> With 4.1 there is no such problem. Have you experienced this also?

Looks likes a bug introduced in last release.
Thanks for the report.

I have created a bug #3973 <https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/3973>.

And - fixed as suggested by Tom:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/25473.1549571318%40sss.pgh.pa.us

--

Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
<http://www.enterprisedb.com/>

*http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi