Re: [pgAdmin4] [Patch]: Grant Wizard

From: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Surinder Kumar <surinder(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgAdmin4] [Patch]: Grant Wizard
Date: 2016-04-05 05:36:31
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 5:14 PM, Surinder Kumar <
surinder(dot)kumar(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Please find updated patch.
>
> This patch has following changes:
> 1. Improved code commenting.
> 2. Properly handling memory leak issues in js code.

Hi Surinder,

As discussed offline, here are the list of some of the review comments:

* CSS should be relative to its parent element. Please make sure - whenever
you make
some changes in CSS, it should not affect the existing CSS unless
discussed.

* Change class name for 'error_msg_div' as it is common name. Please name a
class
with prefixed as the module name.

* Add comments for the blow line changed in node.ui.js file. Always add
logical
explanation for a change as a comment for any changes.
*while(p && p.length > 0) {*

* Please make sure, we wrap the code around 80 characters for better
readability.
Line length should not be greater than 80 characters.

* Put the allowed ACLs logic with server version support. We need to be
flexible
enough to accommodate possible future change in ACLs.

* Avoid using name as reference in each of the given. It will make the
search faster
in the database and less prone to character conversion issue.
i.e.
Use schema/namespace OID instead of nspname, object OID instead of their
name.

* Use separate templates for each type of objects.

* Use the existing functionalities as much as possible instead of
introducing new
one. That will make the code/results consistent across the application.
i.e.
Use existing 'parse_priv_to_db' method, instead of creating new one.

* Please remove unnecessary suffixed white-spaces.

--

Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
<http://www.enterprisedb.com/>

*http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi*