Server side session management using the SQLite (per session) database

From: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza(dot)zabuawala(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Server side session management using the SQLite (per session) database
Date: 2016-03-17 17:46:15
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Dave/team,

As discussed, I have implemented the server side session management using
the SQLite database.

Implementation:
* It creates/reuses the sqlite database per session.
* Stores the key (as text)/value (as blob) in the sqlite database.
* Needs to provide the session directory, where you want to store those
sessions. If this directory does not exist, it creates the directory with
700 permission. (Default: <USER_HOME>/.pgadmin/sessions directory.)
* Also - sets default value for the log file to be stored in the
'<USER_HOME>/.pgadmin' directory. This will allow us to keep separate
configuration per user on any operation system, when running through
runtime.

This implementation uses sqlite as session storage, it may affect because
of explicit file system I/O operation. Though - performance should not be a
big issue, as we're not targeting to support very huge parallel sessions.

Murtuza,

I have tested it on Python 2.7.
Can you please take a look at it, and do the needful to make it work on
Python 3.x?

--

Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise PostgreSQL Company
<http://www.enterprisedb.com>

*http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi*
<http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi>

Attachment Content-Type Size
server_side_session_v3.patch application/octet-stream 11.3 KB