Re: [Mac OS X Mountain Lion] FATAL: could not create shared memory segment: Cannot allocate memory

From: Yvon Thoraval <yvon(dot)thoraval(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ralf Schuchardt <rasc(at)gmx(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Mac OS X Mountain Lion] FATAL: could not create shared memory segment: Cannot allocate memory
Date: 2012-10-08 22:21:14
Lists: pgsql-general

2012/10/8 Ralf Schuchardt <rasc(at)gmx(dot)de>

> Using sysctl to set the shm* values has consistently worked for us in the
> last years ...
>
> probably i missed that point because my last install of postgres was on
ubuntu...

> Mountain Lion comes with it's own version of PostgreSQL. The included psql
> command probably searches for unix sockets in a different place than your
> self compiled version. Is your path correctly set?

right, the client only.
my path is correctly set, resarting the computer helps.
i'm now able to connect using tcp/ip :
$ psql -h localhost -p 5433 -U yt -d yt_tests
psql (9.2.1)
Type "help" for help.

yt_tests=# CREATE EXTENSION unaccent;
CREATE EXTENSION
yt_tests=# select unaccent('Hôtel');
unaccent
Hotel
(1 row)

may be something was wrong with postmaster.pid and the socket ?
unclear to me but it "seems" to work right now.

--
Yvon