Re: Full text search ranking: ordering using index and proximiti ranking with OR queries

From: Nicolas Grilly <nicolas(at)gardentechno(dot)com>
To: Andrey Chursin <andll(at)danasoft(dot)ws>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Full text search ranking: ordering using index and proximiti ranking with OR queries
Date: 2012-11-16 17:37:39
Lists: pgsql-general

There is some good news coming from Oleg Bartunov and Alexander Korotkov
about improving ranking speed:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/images/2/25/Full-text_search_in_PostgreSQL_in_milliseconds-extended-version.pdf

It's worth reading their slides to gain a better understanding of
PostgreSQL fulltext internals.