Re: BUG #15057: Issue with UNKNOW type when calling a PostgreSQL function from java code

From: Praveen Kumar <praveenkumar52028(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andrew Gierth <andrew(at)tao11(dot)riddles(dot)org(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #15057: Issue with UNKNOW type when calling a PostgreSQL function from java code
Date: 2018-02-10 10:35:00
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for picking up this,
To have backward compatibility with my application (Specially queries)

We have used orafce plugin, it created multiple DECODE functions with
different parameters.

[image: Inline image 2]

While calling one of these DECODE functions from my existing select query,I
am seeing an error saying

decode(numeric,integer,unknown,unknow) is not available

By the way, PostgreSQL is allowing me to do method overloading,So I am able
to write multiple functions with the same name and different parameters

Thanks,
Praveen