Re: Proposal: In-flight explain logging

From: Rafael Thofehrn Castro <rafaelthca(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Maciek Sakrejda <m(dot)sakrejda(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proposal: In-flight explain logging
Date: 2023-12-02 20:56:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Maciek,

Thanks for pointing that out. They are indeed super similar. Before I wrote
the patch I searched for
"explain" related ones. I guess I should have performed a better search.

Comparing the patches, there is one main difference: the existing patch
prints only the plan without
any instrumentation details of the current execution state at that
particular time. That is precisely what
I am looking for with this new feature.

I guess the way to proceed here would be to use the already existing patch
as a lot of work was done
there already.