Re: Logical Replication Delay

From: Ramakrishna m <ram(dot)pgdb(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Greg Sabino Mullane <htamfids(at)gmail(dot)com>, Justin <zzzzz(dot)graf(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org, ravisql09(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: Re: Logical Replication Delay
Date: 2024-09-29 10:28:46
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Justin and Greg,

Thank you for your input and recommendations. We understand your point
regarding separating the tables into different publications and
subscriptions.
However, due to certain business constraints, we are unable to implement
this approach at the moment.

*We are planning to set up logical replication from a standby to another
server. When the primary goes down, there is no issue as the standby
becomes the primary and the logical slots are already present. However,
when the standby goes down, these slots are not copied to the third node or
the primary by Patroni. Is there an option available to handle this
scenario? *

Regards,
Ram.