Re: How to build psycopg2 for Windows

From: Dan Davis <dansmood(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Daniele Varrazzo <daniele(dot)varrazzo(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-generallists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How to build psycopg2 for Windows
Date: 2021-10-04 22:57:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Daniele (namesake),

Thanks for the quick response. I tried that, it looks like
https://github.com/psycopg/psycopg2/blob/master/scripts/build/appveyor.py#L291
shows the build step:

python setup.py build_ext -l "libpgcommon libpgport"

After that, I still get a binary that depends on libpq.dll - but when I
install psycopg2-binary, the DLL installed (the PYD file) does not depend
on libpq.dll - it is statically built.