could not load library "$libdir/plpython2" while upgrading from postgresql-10 to 12

From: RAJAMOHAN <garajamohan(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: could not load library "$libdir/plpython2" while upgrading from postgresql-10 to 12
Date: 2021-03-05 07:03:48
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello all,

I am getting the below error while trying to upgrade from postgres 10 to
12 version on ubuntu machine. It seems plpython2 is not installed for the
postgresql-12 version.

*could not load library "$libdir/plpython2": ERROR: could not access file
"$libdir/plpython2": No such file or directory*

I tried to install it using the below command, but it was not successful.
Whether I need to migrate the functions in postgres-10 instance to
plpython3 and try upgrading OR Is there any other way to install the
package for postgresql-12 version?

apt install postgresql-plpython-12
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package postgresql-plpython-12

OS details:
Operating System: Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS
Kernel: Linux 5.4.0-1035-aws
Architecture: x86-64