Re: pg_dump pg_restore hanging in CentOS for large data

From: Sridevi B <sridevi17(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dump pg_restore hanging in CentOS for large data
Date: 2017-03-17 16:54:25
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi Tom,
Please find my answers below.

->ulimit : Verified in file /etc/security/limits.conf - it has been
configured as 20000. Should I increase the limit and try again? please let
me know.
root - nofile 20000
postgres - nofile 20000

->ssl_renegotiation_limit : Its been set as 512MB, but it has
been commented out in postgres.conf.
We are using CiscoSSL in our product.

# - Security and Authentication -

#authentication_timeout = 1min # 1s-600s
#ssl = off # (change requires restart)
#ssl_ciphers = 'ALL:!' # allowed SSL ciphers
# (change requires restart)
#ssl_renegotiation_limit = 512MB

Thanks,
Sridevi