Missing virtual provides on postgresql-9.4 deb

From: James Laska <jal233(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-pkg-debian(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Missing virtual provides on postgresql-9.4 deb
Date: 2015-06-24 01:06:23
Lists: pgsql-pkg-debian

Greetings,

While installing postgresql-9.4, I noticed that the deb does not offer a
`Provides: postgresql`. I believe the convention for the comparable rpm
builds is to offer a virtual provides so that any packages requiring the
`postgresql` server capability continue to function after installing
postgresql-9.4, but removing the Ubuntu-packaged `postgresql` package.

It seems this convention was followed for the postgresql-client-9.4 as it
offers the following virtual Provides:

Provides: postgresql-client

Any reason not to add the following virtual provides to the `control` file
for the postgresql-9.4 deb package?

Provides: postgresql

Thanks,
James