Auditing in Postgres

From: Tejaswi K T <tejaswi(dot)kt(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Auditing in Postgres
Date: 2024-04-09 12:00:26
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Team,
I am from an oracle background and new to postgres.

We recently provisioned postgres database for our application, and have a
requirement.

Our banking organisation, we have enabled auditing to capture all failed
DML , in oracle we do with commands like
AUDIT INSERT ANY TABLE WHENEVER NOT SUCCESSFUL;

Do we have similar commands in pgaudit , which captures only failed DML and
not the successful ones.

In OLTP, we have millions of data inserts and we are not interested in
capturing all successful inserts.

thanks in advance
Tejas