Re: Is there any tool which will help me run and explain analyze about 150 queries?

From: Michael Christofides <michael(at)pgmustard(dot)com>
To: kunwar singh <krishsingh(dot)111(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: kyle Hailey <kylelf(at)gmail(dot)com>, Jerry Sievers <gsievers19(at)comcast(dot)net>, pgsql-performance(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Is there any tool which will help me run and explain analyze about 150 queries?
Date: 2023-04-12 09:17:30
Lists: pgsql-performance

> > Anyone here use such a tool for Postgres? Any recommendations?

>>> Postgres 15. I want to run explain analyze for 150 in both versions for
>>> comparative

I hadn't considered using it for this, and it's not free, but our pgMustard
scoring API[1] might make your comparative analysis easier.

If you send plans to it (in JSON format), you'll get back summary info like
total time and total buffers, as well as scored tips. You can then compare
the summary info, tips, and scores to find those with the biggest
differences, and some starting points for what the issue(s) may be.

[1]: https://www.pgmustard.com/docs/scoring-api