Re: BUG #18516: Foreign key data integrity is not validated when reenabled the trigger on tables

From: Mujjamil k <mujjamil995(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Laurenz Albe <laurenz(dot)albe(at)cybertec(dot)at>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #18516: Foreign key data integrity is not validated when reenabled the trigger on tables
Date: 2024-06-20 12:53:16
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Thank you, Laurenz, for your valuable feedback. If the enabling system
trigger doesn’t check the data integrity with the parent table, then this
syntax (ALTER TABLE DISABLE/ENABLE TRIGGER *ALL*) should be removed from
PostgreSQL. Otherwise, it will create confusion for the users.

--

Thanks and Regards,
*Mujjamil Khureshi*