Re: how to create a role with no privileges?

From: Kynn Jones <kynnjo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Francisco Olarte <folarte(at)peoplecall(dot)com>
Cc: Jerry Sievers <gsievers19(at)comcast(dot)net>, pgsql-general General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: how to create a role with no privileges?
Date: 2014-07-01 17:05:10
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Jul 1, 2014 at 12:36 PM, Francisco Olarte <folarte(at)peoplecall(dot)com>
wrote:

> Without seeing your actual commands, it's difficult to know about the
> schema stuff...

Well, the "actual commands" is what the original question was asking for,
since I really don't know how to do any of this (I find the documentation
very unclear on the matter). At any rate, what I tried was

REVOKE ALL ON SCHEMA x FROM nopriv;
REVOKE ALL PRIVILEGES ON ALL TABLES IN SCHEMA x FROM nopriv;

...replacing x by public, pg_catalog, and information_schema.

kynn