Re: Table partitioning with sequence field in postgresql12

From: Srinivasa T N <seenutn(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: amul sul <sulamul(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Table partitioning with sequence field in postgresql12
Date: 2020-06-18 06:52:27
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I have a parent table with one of the field as ""gid" int4 DEFAULT
nextval('"ami_smart_new".aoi_boundary_gid_seq'::regclass)".

I create child tables which inherit parent and use hash partition. When
I directly insert into child tables, will there be any race condition
causing two child tables getting the same sequence value for gid?

Regards,
Seenu.