Query Auto Completion

From: Avin Kavish <avinkavish(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Query Auto Completion
Date: 2019-07-25 11:23:28
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi Hackers,

One major improvement I can think of for pgAdmin is query auto completion.
In the Jetbrains IDEs, the database console does smart completion using
relation and column names and even completes the join based on references.

For example, to get the query below I only had to type "s * f ma ij mo"
(with enters in between)
[image: Screenshot from 2019-07-25 15-40-35.jpg]

I'm predominantly a front end developer and willing to take a crack at this.

Regards,
Avin