Re: PGAdmin: type geography does not exist

From: Avin Kavish <avinkavish(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ashesh Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Tony Shelver <tshelver(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgadmin-support lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PGAdmin: type geography does not exist
Date: 2019-08-06 12:43:20
Lists: pgadmin-support

To add more info to this,

types in postgres are schema bound. There is no knowing where the geography
type is in your database. You might want to check all the schema to find
where the type is, its in public by default unless you renamed public, and
add it to the search path. Also, If you have some sort of multi tenancy
system, you might want to use "$user" in the search path. So that other
users don't have to prefix their queries.

SET search_path TO "$user",public;