Re: Lost replication slots after pg_upgrade.

From: Nikhil Shetty <nikhil(dot)dba04(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Victor Sudakov <vas(at)sibptus(dot)ru>
Cc: Pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Lost replication slots after pg_upgrade.
Date: 2022-02-08 06:54:56
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi Victor,

I am doing a major version upgrade from pg 11 to 13. The point is if I lose
the replication slot after upgrade then how will I sync standby from
primary after rsync.

I can create the slot after upgrading but won't there be dataloss?

pg_basebackup takes time for large databases (> 5TB). I feel rsync should
be faster.

Thanks,
Nikhil