Lost replication slots after pg_upgrade.

From: Nikhil Shetty <nikhil(dot)dba04(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Lost replication slots after pg_upgrade.
Date: 2022-02-02 10:17:58
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,
I have a Primary and Standby running on Postgres v11.7.

I was following the document to upgrade a PG v11.7 cluster to PG v13.4.
After upgrade using pg_upgrade on primary, I ran rsync to setup standby
PG13 but when I started the primary, the replication slots were not
present. How will standby start streaming in this case?

We are using physical replication slots.

Thanks,
Nikhil