Re: Postgres - Replication

From: Rosser Schwarz <rosser(dot)schwarz(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: jasoninmel <jasoninmel+1(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres - Replication
Date: 2017-03-17 03:51:32
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Thu, Mar 16, 2017 at 20:35 jasoninmel <jasoninmel+1(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Please note that I'm open for any other replication method that would allow
> better scalability. One of the best option would be to have Multi-master
> setup though I haven't seen any documentation around the support for such
> capability by Postgres.

Have you considered third-party tools like Bucardo? It, particularly, was
designed for replicating across unreliable WAN links, and is currently in
active use replicating large volumes of data between sites separated by
oceans and continents.

It has overhead, and is asynchronous, but supports multi-master (where N >
2), and will simply queue changes for replication in the event of link
failure.

It may not suit your needs, but it's probably worth considering

rls

--
:wq