Re: centos install

From: Casey Allen Shobe <casey(at)shobe(dot)info>
To: dx k9 <bitsandbytes88(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: posgres support <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: centos install
Date: 2013-01-17 17:19:44
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 11:39 AM, dx k9 <bitsandbytes88(at)hotmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Are there any compile options I should use when compiling(configure)
> posgresql-9.1.7 from source on a new centos 6.3 box? Just wondering what
> different gcc compile options are used in the postgresql 9.1 centos RPM
> that we could copy in an effort to increase kernel performance, get higher
> TPS on pgbench.

You can see what the current RPM build uses by executing pg_config, which
will show the CFLAGS, configure options, etc.

Does pgbench even do any CPU-intensive operations? If it's disk I/O-bound,
compiler optimizations aren't going to make any difference.

Cheers,
--
Casey Allen Shobe
casey(at)shobe(dot)info