Re: Weird insert issue

From: Larry Meadors <larry(dot)meadors(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Geoghegan <peter(dot)geoghegan86(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Weird insert issue
Date: 2015-06-28 21:53:18
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks for the clarification guys! That was not the behavior I was
expecting (as you can tell), so I learned something new today. :)

In my case I don't want an update (there are only the 2 fields, so it's
just insert or delete), so I'll fire the insert as it is (that'll get the
cases where it's not a concurrent update failure) and catch the failure to
verify that the data exists - if it does, I'll ignore the failure; if not,
i'll throw an exception.

Larry