Re: pgsql: Fix plpgsql to re-look-up composite type names at need.

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Fix plpgsql to re-look-up composite type names at need.
Date: 2019-08-16 06:56:28
Lists: pgsql-committers

Hi

čt 15. 8. 2019 v 21:22 odesílatel Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> napsal:

> I'm slightly hesitant to back-patch this into v11, because it changes
> the contents of struct PLpgSQL_type as well as the signature of
> plpgsql_build_datatype(), so in principle it could break code that is
> poking into the innards of plpgsql. However, the only popular extension
> of that ilk is pldebugger, and it doesn't seem to be affected. Since
> this is a regression for people who were relying on the old behavior,
> it seems worth taking the small risk of causing compatibility issues.

this change breaks compilation plpgsql_check extension.

https://github.com/okbob/plpgsql_check

Backpatching changed plpgsql_build_datatype was not good idea. Now, I have
not a idea how to ensure compilation on 11 and higher

Can you add some symbol to source code, so four parameters of
plpgsql_build_datatype should be used?

Regards

Pavel