Re: broken build - FC 41

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: broken build - FC 41
Date: 2024-09-09 13:20:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

po 9. 9. 2024 v 13:57 odesílatel Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se> napsal:

> > On 9 Sep 2024, at 13:45, Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>
> > echo 'Libs.private: -L/usr/lib64 -lpgcommon -lpgport -lssl -lm'
> >>libpq.pc
> > fe-secure-openssl.c:62:10: fatal error: openssl/engine.h: Adresář nebo
> soubor neexistuje
> > 62 | #include <openssl/engine.h>
> > | ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> > compilation terminated.
>
> That implies OPENSSL_NO_ENGINE isn't defined while the engine header is
> missing, which isn't really a workable combination. Which version of
> OpenSSL
> is this?

I needed to install

Name : openssl-devel-engine
Epoch : 1
Version : 3.2.2
Release : 5.fc41
Architecture : x86_64
Download size : 44.0 KiB
Installed size : 52.8 KiB
Source : openssl-3.2.2-5.fc41.src.rpm
Repository : fedora
License : Apache-2.0
Description : OpenSSL is a toolkit for supporting cryptography. The
openssl-devel-engine
: package contains include files needed to develop
applications which
: use deprecated OpenSSL ENGINE functionality.
Vendor : Fedora Project
pavel(at)nemesis:~$ sudo dnf install openssl-devel-engine
Updating and loading repositories:
Repositories loaded.
Package

Today I upgraded from FC40 to FC41, and only this library was installed to
make the build.

The question is why the missing header was not detected by configure?

The description of this package says so the OpenSSL ENGINE is deprecated?

Regards

Pavel