ERROR: relation "sql_features" does not exist

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ERROR: relation "sql_features" does not exist
Date: 2021-04-26 16:57:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi

I tried to write a query that does lateral join between
information_schema.tables and pgstattuple function.

select * from information_schema.tables, lateral(select * from
pgstattuple(table_name::name)) s where table_type = 'BASE TABLE';

The query finished by strange error

postgres=# select * from information_schema.tables, lateral(select * from
pgstattuple(table_name::name)) s where table_type = 'BASE TABLE';
ERROR: relation "sql_features" does not exist

When I set search_path to information_schema, then the query is running.
But there is not any reason why it should be necessary.

I found this issue on pg 11.11, but the same behavior is on master branch.

Regards

Pavel