Re: Create view

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Daulat Ram <Daulat(dot)Ram(at)cyient(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Create view
Date: 2017-08-03 07:25:15
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi

This is wrong mailing list for this question - please, use pgsql-general
for similar questions. I don't see any relation to performance.

> Dear team,
>

> Can you please let me know how we can create a view using db link,
>
> A base table column having serial datatype. And we want to create a view
> of that table on server B. But unable to create and getting the below issue.
>

> *Error*:
>

> ERROR: type "serial" does not exist
>
> LINE 17: as roaster_test ( roaster_id serial,
>
> ^
>
> ********** Error **********
>

> ERROR: type "serial" does not exist
>
> SQL state: 42704
>
> Character: 432
>

> *Script*:
>

> create or replace view roaster_test as
>
> select * from dblink('port=5433 host=INN14U-DW1427 dbname=postgres
> user=postgres password=postgres94',
>
> 'select
>
> roaster_id, roaster_date, pickdrop, roaster_state, cab_id,
> shift_key, roaster_creation_date,
>
> status integer,
>
> notificationcount, totaltraveldistance, start_trip, end_trip,
> trip_duration from public.roaster')
>
> *as roaster_test* ( roaster_id serial,
>
> roaster_date date,
>
> pickdrop "char",
>
> roaster_state character varying,
>
> cab_id character varying,
>
> shift_key integer,
>
> roaster_creation_date date,
>
> status integer,
>
> notificationcount integer,
>
> totaltraveldistance double precision,
>
> start_trip text,
>
> end_trip text,
>
> trip_duration text)
>

> Suggest me if there is any alternate way for the same.

Serial is "pseudotype" and can be used only for CREATE TABLE command. This
pseudotype is translated to "int DEFAULT nextval(automatic_sequence)"

Use int instead in your case.

Regards

Pavel Stehule