Re: PL/pgSQL HTTP Request

From: Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: satcse88(at)gmail(dot)com
Subject: Re: PL/pgSQL HTTP Request
Date: 2018-12-07 13:54:40
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi

pá 7. 12. 2018 v 14:48 odesílatel Sathish Kumar <satcse88(at)gmail(dot)com> napsal:

> Hi Team,
>
> Do PL/pgSQL support to create a function to make HTTP request. We have a
> requirement to send data to external server from Postgres DB using
> HTTP/HTTPS Post Method.

Surely It doesn't support it. You can use some untrusted language - but it
is not safe.

you can use https://github.com/pramsey/pgsql-http extension. It is much
better, but still it not good idea. Stored procedures are perfect for work
inside database. Communication with outer world is not good

a) outer world is not transactional
b) outer world is too slow.

This is task for application (communication) server.

Regards

Pavel