Re: explain statements question

From: LM <lmemsm(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: explain statements question
Date: 2019-11-05 14:58:11
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Tue, Nov 5, 2019 at 9:42 AM Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> wrote:

> Something is sending that.

That was my suspicion. Thanks for confirming.

At to switching to pgAdmin4, I have that up and running, but there is no
equivalent to the server status functionality in pgAdmin3 as far as I can
tell. I did a search on the Internet to see if pgAdmin4 offered similar
functionality and the posts I read indicated it did not.

I realize pgAdmin3 is out of support, but I've seen at least a half dozen
projects that have forked it and are attempting to get it to work with
later versions of PostgreSQL 11 and 12. I'm investigating building it from
source now with some of the various patches from these forks. Would be
very interested in either getting involved with one of the projects that
has forked pgAdmin3 or possibly pulling out some of the useful
functionality like the server status capability and creating a separate
application (maybe with a different user interface library). I build and
personally maintain several C/C++ projects that are no longer officially
maintained by other developers. Would have no issues with maintaining and
using a project that had no official support as long as I could compile and
debug it myself.