Re: [pgAdmin4][RM2586] Cleanup feature test

From: Harshal Dhumal <harshal(dot)dhumal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Sarah McAlear <smcalear(at)pivotal(dot)io>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgAdmin4][RM2586] Cleanup feature test
Date: 2017-08-11 04:24:33
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

Please find attached updated patch. In this patch I have removed unused
imports.
Regarding ajax calls on slow network/computer I have already taken care of
those.
Before sending first version of patch I tested this on Murtuza's machine
and also
tested on slow machine as well.

Thanks,
Harshal

--
*Harshal Dhumal*
*Sr. Software Engineer*

EnterpriseDB India: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

On Mon, Aug 7, 2017 at 8:55 AM, Sarah McAlear <smcalear(at)pivotal(dot)io> wrote:

> Hi Harshal!
>
> There are a few files in which there are leftover imports that are not
> needed anymore:
>
> - PGDataypeFeatureTest
> - PgadminPage
> - CheckForXssFeatureTest
> - CheckDebuggerForXssFeatureTest
>

> We also noticed that there were quite a few time.sleep functions that
> were removed. This seems great overall, but we think that some of them were
> in place because of varying network and computer speeds. So for example, in
> QueryToolFeatureTest, there is an ajax call that was followed by a
> time.sleep to ensure that it had finished executing before continuing to
> execute. Removing this may reintroduce some flakiness. If there are no
> issues with flakiness after this patch, it seems like a great idea. We ran
> the tests a few times and didn't notice any flakiness, but we're unsure if
> it will be a problem on a different system.
>
> Thanks!
> Wenlin & Sarah
>

> On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 9:32 PM, Harshal Dhumal <
> harshal(dot)dhumal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please find attached patch to improve feature test execution time.
>> Now on my machine overall execution time is cut down to 280 seconds from
>> 400+ seconds
>>
>> Changes:
>>
>> 1. Removed fixed python time.sleeps where ever possible.
>> 2. Removed connect to server test cases.
>> 3. Query tool test cases:
>> i. Merged 3 test cases On demand result on scroll, grid select all
>> and column select all.
>> ii. Merged 3 test cases Explain query, Explain query with verbose
>> and Explain query with cost.
>> iii. Merged 3 test cases Explain analyze query, Explain analyze with
>> buffers and Explain analyze with timing.
>> 4. Improved debugger XSS test case execution time.
>>
>> --
>> *Harshal Dhumal*
>> *Sr. Software Engineer*
>>
>> EnterpriseDB India: http://www.enterprisedb.com