Re: Fix for issue RM1313 [pgadmin4]

From: Harshal Dhumal <harshal(dot)dhumal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fix for issue RM1313 [pgadmin4]
Date: 2016-06-15 10:15:31
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi,

PFA attached patch for RM1313 updates and RM1363

--
*Harshal Dhumal*
*Software Engineer*

EnterpriseDB India: http://www.enterprisedb.com
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 10:40 PM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 14, 2016 at 5:28 PM, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
> > Thanks - committed with some minor changes:
> >
> > - Move the password field under the user name.
> >
> > - Remove the password requirement. The user might be using "trust" auth.
> >
> > - Adjust the vertical positioning of the checkbox.
>
> Hmm, this is actually broken:
>
> 1) I've left the password check in the Python code.

Removed check

> 2) It seems like it saves the server info on the first connection
> attempt. That means that if the connection fails, but the password is
> not the issue (mis-typed address or username perhaps), correcting that
> info doesn't allow the connection to proceed.

Fixed

> Because of 2, I haven't fixed 1 (you'll probably need to move it
> around anyway). Essentially, we need to support password-less
> connections, and if the connection fails, the user should be able to
> immediately try again having changed any of the connection options.

Added support for password less login

> Please take a look - and while you're in that code, please take a look
> at #1363. It's probably a very simple fix.

Fxied

> Thanks.
>
> --
> Dave Page
> Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
> Twitter: @pgsnake

> The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
RM1313_V2_and_RM1363.patch text/x-patch 2.4 KB