Re: BUG #16593: pg_upgrade make corrupt UK indexes

From: Nick Cleaton <nick(at)cleaton(dot)net>
To: hali19790320(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #16593: pg_upgrade make corrupt UK indexes
Date: 2020-08-26 05:37:56
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Tue, 25 Aug 2020 at 23:55, PG Bug reporting form <noreply(at)postgresql(dot)org>
wrote:

> We upgrade from 9.6 Centos7 to 12.3 Centos 8

This from https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/amcheck.html#id-1.11.7.11.9
might be relevent:

> Comparisons of datums of a collatable type like text must be immutable
(just as all comparisons used for B-Tree index scans must be immutable),
which implies that operating system collation rules must never change.
Though rare, updates to operating system collation rules can cause these
issues. More commonly, an inconsistency in the collation order between a
master server and a standby server is implicated, possibly because the
*major* operating system version in use is inconsistent