Re: [Extern] Re: Is a logical replication crash recovery safe?

From: GF <phabriz(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Zwettler Markus (OIZ)" <Markus(dot)Zwettler(at)zuerich(dot)ch>
Cc: Christophe Pettus <xof(at)thebuild(dot)com>, "pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [Extern] Re: Is a logical replication crash recovery safe?
Date: 2023-04-14 16:03:54
Lists: pgsql-general

Markus,
Yesterday EDB published the (open source) pg_failover_slots extension,
aimed at pushing logical slot information on standbys: without it, that
information is kept on the master only, so you have to rebuild the logical
replication topology on switch/fail-overs.
Obviously, if the promoted server is outdated wrt to the lost master, you
could still have problems with subscriptions, although there some
configuration that tries to address that problem too
(standby_slots_min_confirmed).
For the moment being you can find the documentation at EDB's docs
<https://www.enterprisedb.com/docs/pg_extensions/pg_failover_slots>, and
the sources at github.com/EnterpriseDB/pg_failover_slots. I hope the
extension will make quickly its way to PGDG as prebuilt packages.
Best,