Different versions between psq/postgres and the actual database

From: Wei Shan <weishan(dot)ang(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Different versions between psq/postgres and the actual database
Date: 2015-11-18 08:46:26
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all,

I'm facing this issue and I wondering how to fix it.

*Output of postgres --version*
$ /usr/pgsql-9.2/bin/postgres --version
postgres (PostgreSQL) 9.2.14

*Output of psql version*
$ psql --version
psql (PostgreSQL) 9.2.14

*Output of postgres DB running version.*
-bash-4.1$ psql signserver
psql (9.2.14, server 9.2.4)
signserver=# select version();
version
PostgreSQL 9.2.4 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (GCC) 4.4.7
20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-3), 64-bit

I'm not sure how did it got to this situation as this is the staging
environment and it's monitored. Is it possible to "relink" the libraries? I
prefer not to upgrade to 9.4

Thanks!
--
Regards,