PostgreSQL 9.3 - No logs while after failover in streaming replication

From: Wei Shan <weishan(dot)ang(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL 9.3 - No logs while after failover in streaming replication
Date: 2015-04-16 10:23:33
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi all,

Below is my test setup.

- Redhat 6.4
- Postgres-9.3
- Stream replication (1 master to 1 slave)

I performed a failover by creating the trigger file on slave, without
shutting down the master server. I could only verify that the slave was
promoted to master via pg_is_in_recovery(). There was no logging in pg_log
that provides additional information on the failover.

Is this the intended behaviour or am I doing something wrongly? I
understand there's a log level configuration, what are you guys running in
your production environment?

Thanks!

--
Regards,