After vacuum application runs very slow ? is this common behavior ?

From: Sri Linux <srilinux09(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: After vacuum application runs very slow ? is this common behavior ?
Date: 2020-11-07 04:20:17
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi All,

Our production database size is about 2TB and we had run into issues and
Postgres log did recommend running the vacuum in single-user mode. We have
successfully completed running a single user mode vacuum without any
options. .. services were online after vacuum. Application load time and
response times are very poor and don't load sometimes. Is this common
behavior after a vacuum? DO we need to consider any post activities or give
some time for the database to settle down?

Did full os restart for the DB server?

Thanks
Sri.