Re: Regex for properly formed names

From: Erik Brandsberg <erik(at)heimdalldata(dot)com>
To: Shaozhong SHI <shishaozhong(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql <pgsql-sql(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Regex for properly formed names
Date: 2021-10-11 15:16:29
Lists: pgsql-sql

Pointing back to Karsen's comment, what IS the definition, and instead of
asking "what is the regex" bring the question to a higher level, such as
"How can I validate that an insert on a "name" field has all the words
capitalized (but just the first word). From a formal name perspective
however, a name doesn't have all words capitalized, like "of" and "and"
would be lower case. It may be easier to implement different logic than a
regex to do this.

--
*Erik Brandsberg*
erik(at)heimdalldata(dot)com