Re: How to handle application connectivity change when moving from Oracle to Postgres in GCP

From: Erik Brandsberg <erik(at)heimdalldata(dot)com>
To: kunwar singh <krishsingh(dot)111(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to handle application connectivity change when moving from Oracle to Postgres in GCP
Date: 2023-09-10 17:55:50
Lists: pgsql-sql

Keep in mind that it is likely that a significant portion of the data
access code may need to be rewritten unless you are using an ORM that does
the conversion for you. Most apps can't be migrated directly from Oracle
to Postgres. Based on the questions you are asking, I seriously suggest
you contact a company that assists with migrations in order to answer your
questions and highlight the issues you may be facing.