Re: FTS performance issue - planner problem identified (but only partially resolved)

From: Stefan Keller <sfkeller(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)ymail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: FTS performance issue - planner problem identified (but only partially resolved)
Date: 2013-07-29 23:29:46
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi Kevin

Well, you're right :-) But my use cases are un-specific "by design"
since I'm using FTS as a general purpose function.

So I still propose to enhance the planner too as Tom Lane and your
colleague suggest based on repeated similar complaints [1].

Yours, Stefan

[1] http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA+TgmoZgQBeu2KN305hwDS+aXW7YP0YN9vZwBsbWA8Unst+cew@mail.gmail.com