Re: Hooks for session start and end, take two

From: Fabrízio de Royes Mello <fabriziomello(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: legrand legrand <legrand_legrand(at)hotmail(dot)com>, Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Hooks for session start and end, take two
Date: 2019-09-30 17:46:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Sep 29, 2019 at 10:29 PM Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
wrote:

> This code path can only be taken by normal backends, so that would
> apply, still I don't actually see why we should limit us here on the
> backend side. If for a reason or another those two code paths begin
> to be taken by a backend with InvalidBackendId, then users of the
> session start/end hook will need to think how to handle it if they
> didn't from the start, which sounds like a good thing to me.

Makes sense to me. I become a reviewer and run all tests (make check &&
make check-world) and everything is ok. Changed status to "ready for
commiter".

Regards,

--
Fabrízio de Royes Mello Timbira - http://www.timbira.com.br/